Rant of the Day: When Is Your Body the Right Size?
Let’s talk about body positivity.
At 24 years old and weighing 60 kg, I’m often told I have a good weight. Yet, something still doesn’t sit right with me. I look in the mirror and try on the latest trends, the crop tops, the low-waist trousers, and all I see is a body that doesn’t quite measure up to the standards I’ve set for myself. I want to effortlessly own these styles, but instead, I’m filled with doubts and rants.
It’s hard not to compare. I see other girls my age with bodies that seem thicker, curvier, or leaner, and they exude confidence in ways that feel just out of reach for me. They wear the clothes I avoid, hold their heads high, and seem genuinely happy. And I wonder: why can’t I feel that same way? What’s stopping me from embracing my body, no matter its shape or size?
Like so many others, I’ve gone down the familiar paths; morning runs, gym sessions, dieting, all to mold my body into some elusive “perfect” form. But even after all that effort, the discomfort lingers. I keep asking myself, “When will I feel like my body is the right size?”
But maybe the real question is: What does the perfect body even look like?
The truth is, the “right” body doesn’t have a defined weight or shape. It’s the body that moves through the world with confidence, that feels strong and capable, and that allows you to live life fully. It’s the body that holds you up on bad days and carries you through good ones.
So maybe it’s time to rethink what it means to have a good body. Maybe instead of chasing an ideal, I should focus on building a relationship with my body that’s based on respect and care, not comparison or criticism. Because the truth is, no amount of dieting or exercise can replace the power of a positive mindset.
The Perfect Body is Your Confidence!
Enough with the rants! The next time I try on that crop top or pull on those low-waist jeans, I’ll remind myself that the real measure of beauty isn’t about what I see in the mirror, but how I feel about the person standing in front of it.

.jpg)
.jpg)
Love this 😍
ReplyDeleteThank you
Delete